WHY ISN’T MATT 24:36-42 ABOUT THE RAPTURE?
QUESTION: I thank the Lord for your ministry, keep up the good work in Him. I have always read the Olivet Discourse understanding it according to the three questions asked by the disciples to Jesus, taking it not chronologically but like as question followed by its answer. I believe all 3 questions and relative answers focus on Israel. The Church is not “really” in view there. However, when we come to Mathew 24:36-42, I believe we are talking about the rapture of the Church as a sign to Israel and if not to Israel as a whole, to the 144,000 Jews involved in evangelizing people during the Tribulation. Where am I going wrong?
ANSWER: Where you’re going wrong is that beginning in Matt. 24:30 the 2nd coming is in view. A careful reading shows that in Matt. 24:37-39 the Lord compared events that took place before the flood with events that will take place at the 2nd Coming. In the King James Matt. 24:40 begins with “then”. The Greek word means “at that time”, the time of the 2nd Coming. Therefore it can’t be a reference to the rapture.
Also the examples of one taken and one left in Matt. 24:40-42 don’t fit the rapture. The Greek word for taken means to receive unto oneself, and the Greek word for left means to send away, as in a divorce. At the rapture believers are received unto the Lord, but the rest are not sent away, they’re simply left in place. Matt. 24:40-42 is a summary of the judgments that will come upon tribulation survivors at the time of the 2nd Coming. Surviving believers will be received into the Kingdom to help re-populate the planet while unbelievers will be sent away for judgment.
(CLICK ON) LATEST DAILY NEWS CLIPS:
News Clips Obtained From Many Sources – Including
HEADLINES IN PARTNERSHIP WITH TRACKING BIBLE PROPHECY
Rapture Ready News
Prophecyupdate.Com http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/birthpangs.php 10/10/2017
WORLD TERRORISM – WARS
GENERAL WORLD NEWS:
- Interior Secretary Zinke Vows to Stand Up to Leftist Activists, Preserve All National Monuments on Federal Land
- FBI Says ‘Black Identity Extremists’ Are A Violent Threat Because of Their Views on Police Brutality
FINANCIAL WORLD NEWS:
MASSIVE EARTH CHANGES/EARTHQUAKES/VOLCANOES ETC:
- Weak solar cycle continues – the sun is spotless again – (THIS IS A TOTAL LIE)
CHRISTIAN NEWS – CULTS/RELIGION:
- WHY MOST CHRISTIAN CHURCHES REFUSE TO PREACH THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST: Paul says that in the end times Christians will ‘not endure sound doctrine’ and so it is.The main reason is because most preachers won’t preach it.
EXTRA WORLD – ALTERNATIVE NEWS:
- As a large hole opens up on our Sun’s atmosphere two major quakes poles apart strike the ring of fire! 3rd major quake in 24 hours
- Las Vegas Cover-Up Continues: Video Shows Three Extra Missing Windows On West Side Of The Mandalay Bay Hotel Around The 29th and 30th Floors
- Britain ‘draws up battle plan for war with North Korea’; SQ-NOTE THE UNDERLINED BLAME TRUMP,AS OPPOSED TO THE REAL THREAT OF NUCLEAR FIRST STRIK BY KIM
- Financial authorities review countermeasures against N. Korean EMP attack-EMP bombs can jam and damage high-tech defense systems and wreck havoc on communications networks and electrical grids. With tension escalating over Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile
- M 6.6 – 60km E of Buldir Island, Alaska-Note a6.0 has also struck M 6.3 – Balleny Islands region-antarctica
- ‘PROGRESS’: KNOWINGLY EXPOSING OTHERS TO HIV NO LONGER A FELONY IN CALIFORNIA Having HIV is not a crime … but knowingly passing it to a sexual partner? CALIFORNIA IS A DEAD STATE WALKING!
- Report: U.S. Military’s Drones Hacked: A new report has made the stunning claim that U.S. military drones—all of them—have been infected with a computer virus that recorded pilots’ every keystroke.
- PLAGUE IS STARTING IN AFRICA, MADAGASCAR: The pneumonic plague is transmitted person to person. Since this form of the plague is airborne, it spreads extremely rapidly and can have catastrophic consequences.
- Feminist Academics Protest ‘Racist’ Law Against Street Harassment; SQ-I’m sure these Feminist Academics, would like the SHARIA-Gynecological Razor Blade Procedure done on them! AFTER ALL, WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO LOSE!!!
- China Unveils over 100 Smartphone Apps to Track ‘Loyalty’ to Communism, based in part on how much communist propaganda the individual consumes on the app.
- D.MAIL-Nasa pinpoints ancient underwater volcanoes on Mars that may have been a ‘cradle of life’ 4 billion years ago-Similar conditions on Earth are believed to have led to the emergence of life-SQ-YOU KNOW WHERE THIS IS HEADED
- Nasa wants to alter the DNA of Mars astronauts in the 2030s to protect them from cancerous space radiation; SQ-TAKE LITTLE MARTAIN BACTERIA FOUND IN ANTARCTICA AND ADD INTO ASTRONAUTS GENOME AND ‘NEO-MARTIANS’SQ WORD ARE ENGINEERED!
- WHY MOST CHRISTIAN CHURCHES REFUSE TO PREACH THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST: Paul says that in the end times Christians will ‘not endure sound doctrine’ and so it is.The main reason is because most preachers won’t preach it.
PROPHETIC NEWS ARTICLES:
LATEST ISRAEL NEWS CLIPS: THE BUILD UP TO PSALM 83 AND GOG OF MAGOG WARS:
COUNT DOWN DAYS TO DEATH’ IN ISRAEL
Jews urged to leave as new threat issued to destroy nation in next war
In one of the fieriest speeches directed at Israel by Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah, he called for the ethnic cleansing of all Jews in Israel, the destruction of the Jewish state and told Israelis to begin a “countdown to death.”
The speech echoed recent rhetoric recently by the Iranian regime and its military officials, who said Tel Aviv would be “destroyed” if Israel made “a mistake,” and that Israel would not survive for more than 25 years.
“Israel should remain silent and count down the days to its death, because any minor mistake would lead to its demise as fast as lightning,” said Iranian army commander Maj.-Gen. Abdolrahim Mousavi.
The Investigative Project on Terrorism said the threats contain two messages.
“The first message is a reaffirmation of the Shi’ite axis’s jihadist, ideological, long-term commitment to Israel’s destruction,” the report said. “The second message is more immediate; it is an attempt to deter Israeli decision makers from trying to stop Iran and its proxies from taking over Syria.”
Iran, Hezbollah and several other Shi’ite militias are helping the Syrian regime of Bashar Assad regime complete its victory over ISIS, with the assistance of Russian airpower. The upsurge in war-like rhetoric toward Israel is a signal of growing confidence fueled by their victories in Syria, said the IPT report.
Nasrallah has good reason to remain fearful of Israel, for it is the only state that has both the capability and determination to challenge their takeover of Syria. There have been a series of reported Israeli precision strikes on weapons production centers and arms smuggling attempts in Syria. One strike reportedly targeted the Assad regime’s Scientific Studies and Research Center weapons facility, where chemical, biological, and advanced ballistic missiles are developed and manufactured. The targeted facility may have been where Iran tried to hand over powerful weapons to Hezbollah.
Israel issued its own warning on what is taking place in the region.
“The next conflict, if it erupts, will have a completely different character,” said Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman. “Our enemies will try first to strike our population centers and civilian infrastructure. And if our red lines will be breached, the other side must know in advance that it is going to pay very heavy prices.”
IRAN WARNS OF ‘CRUSHING RESPONSE’ IF US DEEMS REVOLUTIONARY GUARD TERRORISTS
Tehran Foreign ministry spokesman says America will bear consequences of ‘grave mistake’ if it sanctions elite unit
Iran warned Monday of a “crushing” response if the US designates the country’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist entity.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi said US plans to target the Revolutionary Guard, a powerful branch of the Iranian military, as part of punishments against the regime, would be a “grave and strategic mistake.”
“But if they do, our response will be firm, decisive and crushing and the US needs to accept the consequences,” Qasemi said at a press conference, according to Iranian media reports.
“I hope wise people in US will take necessary measures to stop this.”
Qasemi also described as “baseless” claims that Iran is working with North Korea on nuclear weapons development. Such accusations are, he said, “Iranophobia.”
The warning came the day after the chief of Revolutionary Guard threatened that if the United States designates the unit as a terrorist group, Iran will consider the US Army equivalent to the Islamic State terror group.
Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari also said that if new sanctions against Iran go into effect, the US will have to “find a new place for its military bases, 2,000 kilometers (1,242 miles) away, outside the range of Iranian missiles,” according to Iran’s official IRNA news agency.
“If reports on the US decision to enlist Iran’s IRGC as a terrorist group happen to be true, the Iranian force would also treat the American Army everywhere in the world and especially in the Middle East in the same way as Daesh (IS) terrorists,” he said.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif also said Iran would issue an “appropriate response” to the move, vowing that the IRGC would not stop its activity.
The moves are expected to come in concert with a decision by US President Donald Trump to decertify Iranian compliance with the nuclear accord, while not dismantling the deal itself.
The move to target Iranian organizations allows Trump to show he is not easing the pressure against the Islamic Republic, even though the nuclear deal he has long criticized may continue.
The planned actions against Iran include financial sanctions on anyone who does business with the IRGC, as well as millions of dollars in rewards for information leading to the arrest of two operatives of the Iranian-backed Hezbollah group.
They form part of the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act passed in August which relates to Iran, Russia and North Korea.
It was reluctantly signed into law by Trump.
Currently, US military bases are located in countries neighboring Iran, less than 500 kilometers (310 miles) from Iran’s borders.
Revolutionary Guard troops are currently fighting the Islamic State group in Syria and Iraq.
TRUMP’S ‘CALM BEFORE THE STORM’ IS A MESSAGE TO NORTH KOREA AND IRAN
By Alan M. Dershowitz http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=1665
Reporters continue scratching their heads about what President Trump meant when he spoke of the “calm before the storm” Thursday as he was hosting a dinner for military commanders and their spouses.
It seems clear to me that he was sending a powerful message to North Korea and Iran: change your behavior now, or prepare to face new but unspecified painful consequences.
North Korea and Iran are taking the measure of President Trump to see how far they can push him and how much they can get away with. The North Koreans continue testing nuclear weapons and long-range missiles and threaten to launch a nuclear attack on America and our allies that could kills millions.
Iran is likely engaging in activities that could contribute to the design and development of its own nuclear explosive device.
If these worrisome actions by the two rogue nations persist, there will be a storm. And as candidate Trump said during his campaign for the White House, he will not tell our enemies what kind of storm to expect—only that he will not allow current trends that endanger our national security and that of our allies to continue unabated.
The president must make some difficult decisions: whether to continue to rely on economic sanctions that don’t appear to be working against North Korea; and whether to refuse to certify Iranian compliance with the bad nuclear deal and demand that additional constraints be placed on the Islamic Republic’s dangerous and provocative activities.
President Trump faces an Oct. 15 deadline to decide whether to certify Iranian compliance with the nuclear agreement, which is designed to keep it from developing nuclear weapons for the next few years. News reports say he is expected to refuse to make that certification.
U.S. policy toward both Iran and North Korea is closely related, because we must prevent Iran from joining the nuclear club and becoming another, even more dangerous version of North Korea.
The sad reality is that even if Iran were to comply with the letter of the nuclear agreement, it will still be able to develop the capability to build up a vast nuclear arsenal within a relatively short time. This is the fundamental flaw of the agreement.
And Iran claims that the nuclear deal permits it to refuse to allow the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to inspect military facilities. This has led the IAEA to conclude that it cannot assure the world that Iran is not even now designing and developing a nuclear arsenal with missiles capable of delivering them to American allies in the Mideast and Europe, and soon the U.S. itself.
All the Iranians need to do to become a nuclear power is to resume spinning centrifuges. The nuclear agreement, which was reached with the Obama administration in 2015, will allow them to do that in a few years.
So whether we like it or not, a storm is coming. Whether that storm will be diplomatic, economic or military depends on the leaders of North Korea and Iran. If they choose to negotiate constraints on their increasingly dangerous activities, they can avoid the other more painful options.
Our military options are and should always be a last resort. They are the worst possible options—other than Iran developing a nuclear arsenal and North Korea developing a nuclear delivery system that can reach our population centers and wipe out major American cities.
With fanatical dictators like those in control of North Korea and Iran, we cannot rely on containment and deterrence as acceptable policies to prevent them from using nuclear weapons, as we have done for years with the Soviet Union (and now Russia) and China.
So President Trump cannot afford to wait and do nothing as Iran and North Korea grow ever stronger, ever more menacing and become greater and greater threats. He must do something—now. The nature of what is done, and what kind of storm it may be, is up to our enemies. I hope they choose wisely.
THE AIR OF REBELLION
Bill Wilson – www.dailyjot.com
Rebellion is in the air. If you concentrate, you can smell its foul stench. But it is everywhere. It threatens the status quo. It is a bender of your life. This rebellion pits everyone against everyone by issue, skin color, sport, politics, social stature, thought, gender, age, religion, even belief systems within religions. It is a divider of humankind. It cries out for change, demands conflict of the mind, provokes synthesis of thought, and forces new ways that are the antithesis of life’s standards for behavior and ideology. Every where you turn, everything you listen to, most of what you see all add up to the revolution in the air. It’s on the billboards, TV, radio, Internet, magazines, and more—Rebellion, societal rebellion.
The masked thugs that comprise Antifa are visible reminders of how people are trying to tear down American society, destroy the American ideal. They attack police officers. In the name of anti-fascism, they perpetrate fascism. A militant arm of Antifa is the Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement (RAM). On its website RAM says it, “is a political movement dedicated to freeing people from bondage and building resistance in the United States. We situate our political movement in the context of the abolitionist struggle against slavery and continue in the tradition, from Nat Turner to the Black Liberation Movement…as revolutionary anarchists, the abolitionist struggle must be extended to the state and capitalism, the perpetrators of oppression….We will burn down the American plantation once and for all.”
In other words, these people are seeking to overthrow the American government, and establish a Marxist dictatorial state where both the state (or any rule of law) and capitalism (free market) are abolished. This would look like a futuristic Mad Max movie. This is an example of an extreme, but it is very real as these people seek to destroy the way of life here in this country. Look around, and you will see lesser examples, but they all seem connected to this one word-Rebellion. There is also rebellion taking place in the very dialogue within our society. There is great vitriol being espoused by those who find others disagreeing with their beliefs—Free speech so long as it agrees with their speech. Smell that rebellion in the air?
At the heart of rebellion is the rejection of the word of God and of godly authority. In 1 Samuel 15:23, Samuel showed Saul that his act of disobedience to the Lord was akin to rebellion, “For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has also rejected you from being king.” Saul admitted that he had sinned because he transgressed the commandment of the Lord, feared the people, and obeyed their voice. A plumb line for rebellion is whether it is in alignment with the commandments of God. Antifa, RAM, and the like are godless organizations, promoting a godless society, polluting the air with the stench of rebellion. What seems like rebellion to a dark and dying world, would be overcoming evil with good, the fresh air of spring. Which air would you rather breathe?
WHY MOST CHRISTIANS CHURCHES REFUSE TO PREACH THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST
Go to your average mega-church where thousands will gather on a Sunday, and you will hear happy, upbeat messages about how God has a “wonderful plan” for your life. What you will not hear is that when Jesus returns at the Second Coming, He stomps His enemies the same way you stomp grapes, with the literal blood of the fallen staining His white robes.
by Geoffrey Grider – nowtheendbegins.com
When you remove Bible doctrine for the Christian in the Church Age, you are left with little more than fairy tales and fables.
“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.” Revelation 19:11 (KJV)
In America today, there are roughly 300,000 churches claiming to represent Jesus Christ, that’s an average of 6,000 churches per state. That’s a lot of churches. So why are so many professing Christians ignorant about the main theme of the Bible? Because there is not one in a thousand that preaches Bible doctrine, and not one in ten thousand that believes the book of Revelation is a road map of the future.
What is the main theme of the Bible, you ask? From cover to cover, the main theme of the Bible is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ to rule and reign as King over all the nations, literally, physically and visibly. I will pause here for a moment as you struggle to collect your thoughts, your mind reeling from trying to process this “strange teaching” that your pastor never touches on in your church.
When Paul commanded Timothy to study the word like a “workman”, and to learn to “rightly divide” the truth of scripture, he was giving us a template for proper Bible study. Making necessary divisions like between Old Testament – New Testament, Jews – Christians – Gentiles, etc, takes away the confusion and seeming contradictions present when casually studying from a high level. Paul also says that in the end times, Bible doctrine will thrown out the window, leaving the average Christian in the dark about the future.
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” 2 Timothy 2:3,4 (KJV)
When you remove Bible doctrine for the Christian in the Church Age, you are left with little more than fairy tales and fables. Joel Osteen has famously stated that the reason he refuses to preach on Hell and the coming judgment is because “most Christians are beaten down enough”. Hmm, I guess Joel knows better what a Christian needs than God does, because God commands us to study about the things that are about to come upon all the earth.
Paul says that in the end times Christians will “not endure sound doctrine” and so it is. The main reason they “won’t endure” it is because most preachers won’t preach it. So with that introduction, let’s get to today’s lesson on why pastors refuse to preach the truth about the Second Coming of Jesus. I have boiled it down to easy to read bullet points for those of you who are easily exhausted by actual Bible study.
The Top 5 Reasons Pastors Refuse To Preach On The Truth Of The Second Coming:
- THE RETURNING JESUS IS REPULSIVE TO THE LAODICEAN CHRISTIAN: Go to your average mega-church where thousands will gather on a Sunday, and you will hear happy, upbeat messages about how God has a “wonderful plan” for your life. What you will not hear is that when Jesus returns at the Second Coming, He stomps His enemies the same way you stomp grapes, with the literal blood of the fallen staining His white robes. Not only that, His eyes are gleaming while He does it. This imagery does not fit well with Laodicean slop like The Power Of I Am, and The Purpose Driven Life. But the Bible clearly and plainly teaches that the returning Jesus is coming to claim His Kingdom, and anyone who gets in the way will be flattened instantly. “His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.” Revelation 19:13 (KJV)
- THE DAY OF THE LORD IS FILLED WITH TERROR AND DARKNESS: Your average Laodicean pastor hardly ever mentions the Second Coming, but when they do, it’s usually something along of the lines of this. “One fine day, Jesus will return and the world will live in peace and harmony, and there will be no more social injustice and everyone will be happy”. What he doesn’t tell you is that the Day Jesus comes back, the world is thrown into terrifying darkness, and that Jesus has come to rule this world as a military dictator. Joel has this to say about that Day – “Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.” Joel 1:15 (KJV). John has this to say about the military dictatorship – “And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.” Revelation 19:15 (KJV). And I could give you dozens of verses more, from both Testaments, proving what I say is true.
- CHRISTIANS ARE NOT ‘BRINGING IN THE KINGDOM’: Have you ever sat in church and listened to the pastor waxed eloquently about “bringing in the kingdom”, and that we must all “work together” to establish God’s kingdom here on Earth? They do that so they can justify building programs, staff expansions, new locations and all the rest. People who are fooled into thinking they are “bringing in the kingdom” are willing to give large sums of money and provide free labor. Those two things are exactly why pastors preach like that. But the Bible says nothing about anyone bringing in the Kingdom except for Jesus Christ at the Second Coming. The only kingdom that humans are creating is the kingdom of Antichrist that will oppose Jesus when He returns. “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.” Revelation 12:10 (KJV).
- JERUSALEM AS THE CENTER OF THE WORLD IS ABHORRENT TO MOST PASTORS: Because most pastors and preachers in America today are not Bible believers, they spiritualize and make metaphor out of clear and plain Bible teaching. Scripture absolutely teaches a literal, visible and physical rule of the returned Jesus, who is now King of Kings, over all the nations of the Earth, and on His Throne in Jerusalem. Let me put it to you more plainly. When Jesus returns, people will be able to travel to Israel and see with their eyes Jesus ruling in righteousness from the actual land mass called Israel. This will take place for one thousand literal, actual calendar years. Don’t believe it? Then you don’t believe the Bible. Isaiah says: “For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.” Isaiah 66:18-20 (KJV).John says: “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” Revelation 20:6 (KJV). Zechariah says: “And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.” Zechariah 14:9 (KJV).
- THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS TOO UNPLEASANT TO CONSIDER: Ask the average Laodicean Christian about the book of Revelation, and more often than not you will hear them say that it’s a “symbolic book” that contains “confusing and dark” references to things that “no one can really understand”. The average Christian pastor, from any denomination, feels the same way, too. Now I’ll grant you that, like a Swiss watch, there are a lot of “moving parts” in the book of Revelation. It’s complex for sure, but far from being “unknowable”. But the real reason why Christians turn away from Revelation is not that it “cannot be understood”, but rather that what it contains is too repulsive to contemplate. Revelation shows us the collapse of the professing Christian church into apostasy in chapter 3, the rapture of the Church in chapter 4, Jesus releasing Antichrist in chapter 6, and from there we see virtually unlimited death, destruction and terrifying judgments. So bad in fact that men’s hearts “failing them for fear”. Christians tell me all the time that, while they are looking forward to seeing Jesus, they don’t want the Rapture to take place before they can get married and have kids. So pastors don’t preach on the Pre-trib Rapture because they want their flock focusing on things of Earth like building programs and fundraisers. “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.” Luke 21:25,26 (KJV).
Now you know why your church doesn’t preach Bible doctrine and why your pastor is deceiving you with fluff stories and fairy tales. Because the truth is too terrible to contemplate, and it’s bad for business. Now, if you’ve decided you actually like Bible doctrine and want to know more about what your pastor is hiding from you, click here to read our Bible Doctrine library.
It will help you to be ready for what comes next.